What Is Bread Maker?
Bread makers are a kitchen appliance that allows you to create delicious pillow soft breads without having to spend hours kneading dough.
It has an electric motor inside that mixes the ingredients together and then forms the dough into a loaf shape.
I am sure you have seen these amazing looking fluffy bread makers at the store. They are super expensive and look great in the kitchen.
The problem is most people don’t know how to use them. Bread makers are a wonderful kitchen appliance. They allow you to make delicious homemade bread without having to spend hours in the kitchen kneading dough.
However, if you are new to using a bread maker, consider whether or not you should buy it.
After baking, you slice off the desired amount and enjoy. If you want to learn how to use a bread maker, keep on reading!
How do bread maker’s work?
This question can help us answer another one: What exactly does a bread maker do? The best way to explain this would be by breaking down each step involved with making bread from start to finish.
First things first; when shopping around for a bread maker, note what features the manufacturer offers.
It could include a timer, programmable settings, temperature control. These items will all play important roles during creating a loaf of bread.
Here’s how to use a bread maker
Most bread machines are designed for ease of use. If you follow these simple steps, you will enjoy delicious homemade bread every day.
Let’s go over some steps involved in bread making.
1) Add water and active yeast
Before starting with this process, we need to add water and bread machine yeast. This step ensures our recipe turns out correctly every time.
You can either do this by adding both water and dry yeast directly from their packaging, or you could measure everything separately beforehand.
Simply pour all the required amounts into separate containers such as cups or bowls. Don’t forget to label each container so that you won’t mix up anything when measuring.
2) Measure dry ingredients
- Next, you’ll need to measure all the other dry ingredients.
- The first thing you’re going to do here is set aside half a cup of flour.
- We’ll soon see why we reserve some of this later on.
- Next, take 2 tablespoons of sugar and 3 teaspoons of salt, and combine those two items into one bowl.
- Finally, grab 4 cups of white flour and combine that with the rest of the dry ingredients.
3) Mix wet and dry ingredients
Now comes the fun part – combining the wet and dry ingredients.
- First, dump in 1/4 teaspoon of olive oil and mix well.
- Then stir in the reserved cup of flour until combined completely.
- Now, continue to add the remaining liquid ingredients.
- Follow the order shown above.
Once you’ve mixed everything thoroughly, return the entire contents back to the same bowl. You now just need to stir slowly again. Once more, try to ensure that no lumps remain.
5) Knead Dough
- Finally, once you feel like the mixture is ready, start kneading the dough.
- This means that you will fold over the top of the dough ball and begin pressing down gently.
- Make sure there aren’t any pockets left behind.
- Then repeat this action several times before setting the mixing paddles aside.
6) Let’s rise
We can let the dough sit for about 10 minutes while preparing the oven for cooking.
7) Bake & Enjoy
When you remove the lid of the pan after letting the dough rise, you notice that the dough itself looks very different from normal breads. It doesn’t quite resemble its original state anymore.
Advantages of bread maker
There are many advantages to owning a bread maker. Not only does it allow you to quickly prepare delicious homemade bread, but it also saves you time and energy.
Here are some reasons:
1. Saves time and energy
While most people might want fresh baked goods whenever they have a craving, not everyone has enough time to make them themselves.
One major advantage of having a bread-maker is saving time. Because you don’t really need to handle any baking pans during the preparation phase, you save lots of time.
Instead of spending an hour making dinner, you can simply put together a quick meal and eat within 15-20 minutes.
If you use pre-made crusty bread rolls instead of home made ones, then you can enjoy eating your breakfast without even leaving the comfort of your own bed.
2. Make homemade biscuits more convenient
Bread makers are great because they allow us to bake biscuits at home easily and conveniently.
While biscuit recipes vary depending on where you live, they usually require eggs, milk, butter etc which makes it difficult to find these products locally.
This is especially true if you wish to avoid animal product. When using a bread machine, however, you can choose what type of flour you’d prefer.
You could go for whole wheat or bread flour. Or maybe gluten free flour or bread machine flour would be better suited for your diet. The choice here is yours!
3. Baking muffins takes less effort
Muffin batter gets messy when prepared manually. Although it might seem easier to open up a box of pre-made muffins and heat ‘em up, going through cleaning up afterwards isn’t worth the trouble.
A bread baking success allows us to create perfectly shaped muffins that look as good as store bought ones.
4. Easy to clean
Cleaning a kitchen sink after baking a batch of homemade cookies seems almost impossible sometimes.
But with a bread maker – it’s actually much simpler than boiling water in order to rinse away sticky crumbs from inside the mixer. Simply wipe out the interior parts of the appliance, wash off the outside pieces and dry well. That’s it!
If you’re still worried about how to properly care for your new gadget, keep reading below.
5. Easier to control temperature
If you opt for a bread maker that comes equipped with temperature controls, then you’ll never worry again about whether or not the dough should be raised too high or low.
In fact, you won’t even need to monitor the actual temperature since the device already knows everything there is to know about the environment surrounding it.
Nowadays, machines like those mentioned above come with digital displays so that users can see exactly what their settings are.
Reasons you should buy a bread maker instead of making bread at home
1. Bread makers are much easier to use than traditional ovens.
2. It takes less time to bake bread than it does to cook it in an oven.
3. You will have no difficulty controlling the temperature of your bread.
4. There are fewer chances for mistakes while preparing your favourite food.
5. If you want fresh baked goods every day, buying them just gets easier by the minute.
6. They make life easy for people who love cooking.
7. Home bakers don’t always enjoy baking because of its messiness.
8. Homemade bread doesn’t stay soft for long unless you freeze it first.
I hope this article has been helpful in teaching you how to use a bread maker. You should now understand how to use a bread maker.
It should be used in all ovens and should be used for all baking. I hope you can use these techniques and methods to bake your own bread and your own goods.