Transporting a cake is easy, just wrap it carefully and put it in a box. If you want to transport a tiered cake for a reasonable distance, then you should use a cooler.
Coolers are used to keep the temperature of food items at low temperatures. You can also buy a special cake container that will help you carry your cakes safely from one place to another.
There are many types of containers available on the market today. Some of them have wheels so they can be moved easily.
Others do not need any extra equipment or tools to move around.
The best way to choose which type of container you need depends upon how much space you have available.
Different Ways to Transport a Cake
There are different ways to transport a cake:
1) Using an ice chest – This cake carrier works well if you plan to take your cake with you when traveling by car. It’s important to make sure there is enough room inside the ice chest because this is where most people store their food.
2) Using a cooler – Cooler boxes come in various sizes depending on what size cake you’re transporting. They usually hold about 10-12 pieces of cake.
These boxes work great for taking your cake out to picnics or parties. Just make sure you don’t overfill the box since too much weight could cause damage to the contents.
3) Using a cardboard box or cake boxes – Cardboard box or cake boxes are very cheap and versatile. They can be used to transport almost anything including cakes.
However, they aren’t suitable for storing large amounts of food due to their flimsy nature. So, if you plan to store lots of cakes in these boxes, then you might consider using something else instead.
4) Using a wooden crate – Wooden crates are ideal for transporting small quantities of food. But, they won’t protect your cake against extreme heat or moisture.
Therefore, only use wooden crates if you know exactly what kind of weather conditions you’ll encounter while moving your cake.
5) Using a wheeled cart – Wheeled carts are excellent for transporting larger quantities of food and larger cake. They provide ample storage space and allow you to load up multiple layers of cakes without having to worry about spilling.
In addition, they are easier to maneuver through tight spaces compared to regular boxes.
6) Using a dolly – Dolly boxes are designed specifically for cake delivery. They are lightweight and compact making them extremely portable. Plus, they offer plenty of storage space allowing you to stack several cake boxes together.
7) Using a rolling suitcase – Rolling suitcases are convenient for those who travel frequently They fold flat when empty and expand into a full-sized luggage once loaded. And, they are lightweight and easy to handle.
8) Using a hand truck – Hand trucks are similar to dollies except they are made to lift rather than roll. They are commonly found in bakeries and grocery stores.
9) Using a handcart – A handcart is basically just a shopping trolley that has been modified to fit two wheels underneath each side. The advantage of using a handcart is that it allows you to easily move around narrow areas.
10) Using a trailer – Trailer boxes are available in different shapes and sizes. Some trailers have shelves built right into them so you can place items directly onto the shelf.
Others do not have any shelves at all which means you will need to pack everything carefully inside first.
11) Using a van – Van boxes are generally big enough to accommodate most types of cakes. If you want to take your cake with you everywhere, then this would probably be the best choice. Make sure you get one that’s insulated though because otherwise, your cake will lose its temperature quickly.
12) Using a refrigerator box – Refrigerator boxes are great for storing smaller amounts of food such as cookies or cupcakes. However, they aren’t very practical for transporting large cakes due to their size.
13) Using a freezer bag – Freezer bags are used to store frozen foods. Since they don’t contain air pockets, they prevent frost from forming on the outside of the container. This makes them ideal for protecting delicate cakes.
14) Using a plastic tub – Plastic tubs come in various sizes but usually hold between 1-2 gallons. Tub containers are good if you only plan on taking part of your cake home.
Tips for cake transporting in your trunk:
1) Place your cake in the trunk before driving away. It may seem like common sense but many people forget about doing this until after they’ve driven off.
2) Make sure to use a non-slip mat.
3) Use packing tape to secure anything loose in the trunk.
4) Separate cakes, use cake stands and cake supports.
5) Don’t put too much pressure on the lid of the trunk. Otherwise, there could be damage done to the cake.
6) Keep the transportation boxes closed tightly whenever possible.
7) Avoid putting heavy objects in the trunk. These include suitcases, luggage, etc.
8) When unpacking your cake, make sure to remove the wrapping paper first. Then, start unwrapping the layers slowly.
9) Once you reach the bottom layer, gently pull up on the sides of the cake pan. Do NOT try lifting the entire thing straight up! Instead, slide the cake pan out by pulling upwards.
10) After removing the cake pan, lift the top tier of the cake carefully. You should see some space beneath the cake where you can lay down another piece of parchment paper.
11) Lay the second layer of the cake over the first. Gently press down on the edges of the cake pan to ensure even contact.
12) Repeat steps 7 through 10 until all the tiers of the cake are removed.
13) Remove the last few pieces of wrapping paper. Be careful not to tear it when unrolling it.
14) Now, place the cake back into the original packaging.
15) Finally, wrap the whole package securely using packing tape.
As long as you follow these tips, you shouldn’t encounter any problems while transporting your cake. And once you arrive at your destination, just remember to enjoy every single bite!